I was impressed by claims in company brochure and the fact they
have been in business for over 20 years. I am extremely disappointed
with the level of customer service and poor customer relations
endured since delivery.
Quote from company web site under the heading of All Inclusive
Service including delivery:
Problems do occur, but Moben have the experience and resources
to deal with them quickly and efficiently, and to keep disruption
to a minimum.
Having paid for my new kitchen in full on 7 December (delivery),
I was expecting installation on 10 and 11 December as notified.
I was informed around midday on the day of fitting that they were
unable to install the kitchen as agreed, despite having arranged
time off work to allow access to the property.
They subsequently cancelled two re-arranged dates. The fourth
agreed install days were one week after the agreed date. I eventually
persuaded Livingston Sales Manager to take interest in my situation.
He arranged installation on 15 and 16 December.
Salesman promised installation would take two days maximum, due
to the relative small size of the kitchen. An error in the plan,
which surveyor did not pick up, resulted in the drawers being
too wide. Replacements were supposedly ordered by the fitter.
A number of other snagging items are still outstanding
which have prevented my tiler from starting work to improve the
kitchens appearance. Since the install date I have received
only one call from Customer Service department (in early January)
who promised they would organise final fitting.
This unsatisfactory situation has caused a great deal of inconvenience
and stress to myself and my partner. The following list is not
exhaustive, as at the date of this letter:(21 January 2002)
- minimum four days lost at work, to date (senior professional
- insufficient notification of changes (ref. section 3.0 Customer
- poor customer service in general
- unwillingness / inability of staff to find a resolution
- significant time calling, holding and speaking to Customer
- severe disruption at home (existing kitchen cleared in anticipation
- cut-off a number of times whilst on your Customer Care
- passed from one staff member to another, each offering no further
- unable to contact anyone in authority via telephone to discuss
- broken promises in regard to fitting and callbacks (Ann Powell
- showrooms indifference to after-sales service
- accused of being silly and awkward by
sales staff (Steve Castle Livingston)
- resorted to organising contract workmen personally
- kitchen not finished one month after delivery and promised install
- no final review / sign off on kitchen by Moben staff
Other Moben Kitchen complaints: